I am so pleased to begin the All Romantic Suspense Tour with a visit from author Elaina Lee who will tell us a bit about her and her latest release.
Take it away, Elaina!
1. Elaina, please tell us about Written in Blood. Written in Blood is a romantic suspense set in Portland, Oregon. My heroine, Lyndi, is a defense attorney representing a suspected serial killer. My hero, Alek, is the lead investigator for the district attorney's office investigating my heroine's client. When a cult begins to terrorize Lyndi, she discovers Alek is the only who can help her. The sparks begin to fly, as do the risks. If they're caught together, they could lose everything they both worked so hard for…
2. What did you think the first time you saw the hero/heroine? For my hero, it was whether he was a hero at all, LOL! Alek is very dark and his hero qualities are a bit, lacking. Luckily my heroine is feisty enough to deal with his more sinister side *wink*.
3. What was your second thought? He is going to be awesome to write!
4. Did you think it was love at first sight? For my character? A hot man who takes your breath away the second he walks into your virtual room. What's there not to love?
5. What do you like most about the h or h? His ability to immediately take charge of a situation.
6. How would you describe him/her? Definitely a dominant person. Can be patient when there's a need, but has a rather quick fuse. Knows what he wants and always finds a way to get it.
7. How would she/he describe you? Ahahahaha! Boring, mousy… not his type, LOL!
8. What made you choose lead investigator for the DA as a career? I needed an element of uncertaintly and I love working with the forbidden. Since Lyndi is a defense attorney, their relationship would be completely off limits.
9. What is your biggest fear? A serious fear? Losing one of my children. Oh my gosh, I could never imagine. And yet parents suffer through this horror daily. *grabs her baby and holds him tight*
10. How do you relax? I watch a good TV series. My last one was Pushing Daisies. I'm currently watching Leverage.
11. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Listen to your gut when it comes to edits. If they make sense and you can see how they make your story stronger, then do them. If they butcher your work, make it confusing and don’t add anything, then fight for your voice.
12. What books or movies have had an impact on your writing? Queen of the Damned, I get so inspired when I watch that movie! Never fails. Otherwise my ideas usually pop up when I'm watching something Real Life on the educational channels.
Thanks for this awesome interview, it was SO fun! Elaina
For more information on my first guest please go to: